Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

June Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Well once again it is the 1st of another month, but this time it is June 1st! When I lived in WNY, June was my FAV-o-rite month because it meant the start of summer (after unusually looong winters), the end of school and the month of celebrations! This year is no exception!

If you are celebrating another Stamp of the Month Blog Hop and seriously who wouldn't?, then you have arrived from Pam Jarrett's blog here..



This month's stamp set is S1406 Kaboom and it features all the stamps you need to celebrate the 4th of July or Canada Day!


If you get lost along the way, you can always check out Melinda's post here for a list of the blog hop members.

I recently held my ArtBooking class in which the ladies actually bring their Cricuts and cut out all of the designs,  It is a whole lot easier for me because it saves ME time cutting but we all work until the last minute!  Since my mini-book class or Artbooking class is always at the end of the month, we celebrate by stamping with the next SOTM. This month was no exception.  This month's layout we used designs from both pages - pg. 64 and 65 - all cut at 11"...



We also embossed the stars- I love embossing!  Take a closer look...


The best part of this layout is that we used all of the "schmutz" from the cutting mat!  

The Urban Dictionary has defined "Schmutz" as ...

Used by Jewish mothers to identify that you've got some kind of crap on your face
Mommy: You've got som Schmutz on your face, Oy! 
You: blech!

My (and my friend Ginny) NEW definition is....

....All of the negative pieces left on your cutting mat after you have pulled your cut shape away!

What is YOUR name for those pieces????  Leave me a comment and let me know...

For my CTMH 'sistas' who have purchased the Explore and I struggling with finding the designs in the Artbooking cartridge, check out my previous post here..

Just in case, I also created a cut file for the Cricut Design Space here... for all of your to use and enjoy!


Thanks for hanging in with me all the way to the end of this post!  I do hope you have been inspired!  Now it is off to Melinda's blog here...

8 comments:

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

WOW! This is awesome. Love the colors and the use of the stamp set in your layout.

Michelle Stewart said...

Fantabulous! I just made my own word to describe this layout....combinations of Fantastic and Fabulous. Love it!

~Michelle said...

Great page!!

Katy said...

I don't think I have a name for all the little pieces...I just know I keep them all! To answer your question about my card and the stars...they are from the Artbooking Cartridge...with the Sports stuff.

Kathy Burrows said...

Like Katy, I don't have a name for the leftover pieces, but I save them too. I love your word for them and think I will need to use it.

Judy Faye Garner said...

This page is wonderful!

Unknown said...

Awesome layout!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Wow...what a wonderful layout...love it:)